Hunger Safety Net Programme (HSNP) Project Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy: Project Support Officer
The Hunger Safety Net Programme (HSNP) is a social protection intervention by the Government of Kenya (GoK) and the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
It is being implemented in Northern Kenya and is intended to deliver long-term, regular guaranteed cash support to chronically poor households, expand access to financial services and contribute to development of the National Social Protection framework.
The programme is being executed by a number a partners with FSD Kenya serving as the Payment Service Manager (PSM) through its Government to Payments (GPII) project.
FSD’s role is to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the payment related component of the programme to enable transfers to beneficiaries to be delivered on time and according to the programme’s minimum delivery standards.
The growth in scale and complexity of the project has meant that an additional resource is required to support the Government Payments (GPII) Project Manager.
Responsibilities of the Project Assistant
- Based full time in Nairobi, the HSNP Project Support Officer will provide technical assistance in the delivery of various project tasks in order to achieve timely and efficient project progress and delivery.
- This will involve preparing the HSNP payroll and requisite documents in readiness for approvals and payments, tracking project expenditure, operational support as well as analysing payment related data on a monthly basis.
- We’re looking for a results-oriented individual with strong organisational skills coupled with a strong understanding of processes.
- You will need to be very highly motivated and able to simultaneously deliver a set of demanding and sometimes conflicting outputs.
Qualifications of the Project Assistant:
- Relevant academic/professional qualification (minimum bachelor’s degree)
- 3 years’ experience working in project management
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management
- At least 1 years’ experience working at a management level in the private sector;
- Knowledge of the development of inclusive finance (such as micro-finance)
How to Apply
- Detailed terms of reference for this position can be downloaded from our website – www.fsdkenya.org (opportunities section).
- Applications must be received no later than 12th October 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interviews.
- FSD is an equal opportunities employer.