|Position||Project Implementation Officer (Child||Grade||C1|
|Protection) Homa Bay|
|Department &||Programs, Homa Bay||Date||June, 2017|
|Duration||3 Years Fixed Term Contract|
|Reports to||Programme Implementation Manager|
|About Plan||Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian|
|organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in|
|the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty,|
|violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.|
|Purpose||Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation|
|that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power|
|and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence,|
|exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.|
|The purpose of this position is to undertake implementation of child protection|
|activities in the Programme Unit (PU).|
Dimensions of Role:
The role will entail among other responsibilities; taking leadership in designing child protection programmes to meet the needs of children, caregivers and partners in Homa Bay PU, conducting training needs assessments, develop and implement training programmes to build capacity of key stakeholders in child protection in detecting, preventing and responding to child protection concerns, working closely with the relevant government departments, community groups and CSOs to ensure solid child protection structures at community and County level. S/he will provide technical expertise in all child protection matters in the PU.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
With support from the Programme Implementation Manager:
- Develop and implement comprehensive child protection intervention strategy for Homa Bay PU.
- Develop a comprehensive activity plan to implement the strategy.
- Manage partners in child protection in the PU.
- Represent Plan at stakeholders meeting at community and County level.
- Manage the child protection budget at PU level.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Education, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- A strong background in child right programming
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in busy and dynamic organizations dealing with, Child Rights, Child Protection, Advocacy, child rights programming, child protection service delivery etc
- Experience in rights-based approaches to development including engaging with government and multilateral institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child protection systems in Kenya
- Demonstrated work experience working with poor and marginalized communities and specific child related programming
- Knowledge of project cycle management
Key Skills and competencies
- Good people and negotiation skills
- Innovation and committed to learning
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Able to work long hours with strict deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in budget management and financial reporting
Physical Environment and Demands:
80% time in the field within Homa Bay. Occasionally travel to Kisumu and Nairobi
Level of Contact with Children:
High: Daily interaction with children.