Our client is in the building and construction industry engaging in Residential and Commercial Construction as well as Civil Engineering. They are currently seeking to fill the position of a Project Manager to oversee and manage their Road Construction Projects.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the Civil design team’s technical deliverables and meeting project schedules for design and submittals and for construction documents and specifications
- Act as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the project execution.
- Negotiate necessary changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of client/s.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establish requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Work with project engineers to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of the project and ensure that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project teams to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work and advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- Monitor and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establish regular meetings to review project status and formulate action items
Qualifications for the Project Manager Job
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Planning, Economics(Land or Building)
- At least 10 years experience as a Project Manager Road Construction
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD/ArchiCAD
- Professional registration is required
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project
- Thorough in coordination and Documentation
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills with excellent written and oral communications
- Proven track record of completing projects successfully and working with and growing teams to solve specific
- challenges and accomplish tasks
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Project Manager – Road Construction) to [email protected] before Wednesday 29th March, 2017.