Project Officer Job at Care International, Kenya
Department/Project: Youth Employment Program
Supervisor: Sector Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- The Project Officer reports directly to the Sector Manager and is responsible for the effective administration and implementation of the project and reporting on the outcome to internal and external contacts as required, team management Networking and representation and partnership building.
Project Officer Job Responsibilities & Tasks
Project administration and management
- Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans for project implementation
- Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities from existing operational plan.
- Ensures that activities are compliant with methodology and standards.
- Oversees project implementation
- Develops and strengthens project partners
- Compiles reports received from the field and submits monthly activity reports to Sector Managers.
- Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
- Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
- Coordinates monitoring and evaluation.
- Follows up on logistics issues at project location and ensure assets, including project vehicle are
- Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Oversees performance of any contract staff and interns
- Ensures staff with policies
- Training of field officer, interns and partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees training of partners in the field.
Monitoring of Project activities and reporting
- Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to monitoring tools.
- Submits regularly reports to Sector Manager and occasionally external stakeholders including, partners and donors.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the Sector Manager.
- Maintain appropriate data on project implementation as per the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Compile reports as and when necessary.
Networking, representation and partnership building
- Shares activity plans partners and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with stakeholders and partners.
- Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with partners
- Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to for job placement for trained youth
- Coordinates planning meetings with partners
- Facilitates participation of project activities and events.
- Ensures partners are in compliance with MOUs
Qualifications for Project Officer Job
- Experience: At least 3 years’ field experience in livelihood development or financial inclusion and capacity building using participatory techniques.
- Bachelor degree in social science or Bachelor of business/ Commerce, Community Development
- At least 2 years work experience in Community development/ Business development/ or
- Livelihoods programming
- A grasp of socio cultural economic issues with respect to poverty, savings, and enterprise development in rural settings
- Business Development knowledge
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Training/coaching/ Facilitation skills
- The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of participatory approaches
How to Apply
Click here to apply