Project Officer – CBO Technical Assistance Project
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 7,800 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
EGPAF in Kenya is recruiting for a Project Officer , VIIV CBO Technical Assistance Project . The position is based in Kisumu with regular travel to project sites.
Reporting to Manager, VIIV CBO , the Project Officer will be responsible for facilitating capacity building and technical assistance activities to Community Based Organisations in HIV program planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, referral and networking, record keeping, financial management as well as facilitate relationships / linkages with other partners at the community, sub county and county levels.
Project Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Regularly identify OD capacity needs of the CBOs to enhance achievement of their goals and objectives.
- Support CBOs in the development and implementation of action plans to achieve their goals and objectives
- Monitor implementation of action plans.
- Analyze existing information flow systems within and between the CBOs.
- Develop and test systems which promote information sharing among the CBOs as well as between the CBOs and duty bearers.
- Facilitate the creation of platforms for CBOs to engage and dialogue with stakeholders.
- Identify capacity building needs of the CBOs and facilitate processes for their capacity building.
- Conduct regular routine site visits to the partner for mentorship and coaching
- Submit monthly, quarterly reports to the project director focusing on impact level reporting.
- Conduct regular reviews with CBOs to jointly identify and agree on Most Significant Change stories as a result of interventions.
Required Skills or Experience for Project Officer Job
- A University degree in Social Sciences or higher
- Proven experience in working with communities, CBOs, NGOs, MOH and relevant government agencies eg NASCOP and NACC
- Experience in working with partners is key to this position.
- Understanding and experience of HIV prevention , community development and institutional building
- Ability to facilitate training sessions, capacity development, communication, word processing and excel, planning and budgeting for planned activities
- Critical thinking, creative , mentorship skills and analytical
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
How to Apply
Click here to apply