Job Title: Project Psychosocial and Support Services Officer
Organization: Makerere University MasterCard Foundation (MCF) Scholars Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: US $ 25,601 Per Annum
Reports to: Project Manager
Makerere University is the oldest and premier University in Uganda which strives to becoming the leading institution for academic excellence and innovations in Africa. It received funding from The MasterCard Foundation to support scholars from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Job Summary: The Project Psychosocial and Support Services Officer will technically support the Project Manager in the provision of Psychosocial, Mentorship and Welfare Support to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Project Manager in the provision of Psychosocial, Mentorship and Welfare Support to MCF Scholars.
• Offer a comprehensive suite of academic and emotional support services capacity building in Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy, Communication and Negotiation, ICT, Gender and Human Rights, and Emergency Response and Crisis Management.
• Organize and deliver MCF Scholars group programming throughout the year
• Explicitly cultivate a give-back ethos in MCF Scholars
• Prepare and submit activity reports
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the MasterCard Foundation MCF Scholarship Project Psychosocial and Support Services Officer should hold a Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Clinical Psychology, Community Psychology or Human Rights and Bachelor’s in Community Psychology or Social Sciences from a recognized University. Possession of a certificate in Counselling from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• At least three years’ experience in providing academic, psychosocial and student support services.
• Working knowledge and skills in psychosocial analysis and research skills
• Organizational management skills
• Excellent report writing and communications skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application. The complete applications should be hand delivered to Employment Division Office Room 406, Top Floor Main Building, Makerere University and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062, Kampala
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 14th August, 2015.