Summary: Our client is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators and related services.
Its innovative and environmentally â€“ friendly access and transit â€“ management systems make an important contribution to mobility in urban societies.
They manufacture, install, service and modernize elevators, escalators and moving walks for almost every type of building requirements worldwide.
They are looking to recruit a Projects Executive Assistant who will largely take part in project management; supporting Project Heads and Engineers in managing project timelines, procurement of materials and acting as a liaison between all involved parties.
The incumbent will also provide professional and administrative support to the General Manager.
- Keep abreast with ongoing tenders and communicating the same to the Engineers and Project Heads to facilitate timely application.
- Obtain necessary approval documents from relevant authorities to support projects when/as required
- Organize project meetings; coordinating travel, accommodation and meeting venue facilities for Consultants
- Track and prepare status reports on projects ensuring project timelines are kept
- Maintain a proper filing system for project documents and assist in easy retrieval
- Act as liaison between clients, Consultants, Engineers and workers.
- Participate in procurement and importation of construction materials sourced both internationally and locally.
- Track imports and thus liaise with clearing agents, exporters, banks and other involved parties.
- Develop and maintain a contact database for clients, vendors, key stakeholders, regulators, etc. and ensure that this is updated on a regular basis.
- Organize and maintain the GMâ€™s diary and make appointments.
- Arrange for flawless local and international travel, accommodation and visa arrangements as well as prepare weekly and monthly travel reports.
- Ensure all documents from GMâ€™s office are professionally styled and presented in accordance with corporate standards.
- Verify all departmental /GM bills and expense claims and forward to finance for payment.
- Assist in human resource administration by managing the staff records filing system.
- Ensure that all physical and electronic records including company documents are safely kept and a record of the same retained at all times.
- Produce and distribute documents, briefing papers, minutes and presentations as and when needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of practical experience in a similar position; preferably in an engineering/construction environment.
- High level computer proficiency. Excel proficiency is key.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong analysis skills, including recognizing and solving problems, without active supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 16th May 2016 to: Adept Systems Management Consultants P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.