Secretary, Management Consultancy Services Job at the Public Service Commission, Kenya
(1) Post- V/NO.21/2016
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.152, 060 to Ksh.302, 980 p.m. – (Job Group T’)
Consultancy Services Secretary Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Secretary, Management Consultancy Services will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for the overall management and coordination of management consultancy work. Specifically, duties and responsibilities will entail:
- formulating, reviewing and implementing management consultancy strategies and policies;
- coordinating and overseeing the provision of management consultancy services to Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- advising Ministries/State Departments on deployment and utilization of human resource in the Civil Service;
- overseeing the development of schemes of service and career progression guidelines for issue to the service;
- monitoring and reviewing the impact of consultancy services in client Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- promoting the adherence to management consultancy services guidelines and standards; and
- coordinating the application of management consultancy initiatives to support formulation of appropriate management strategies.
Qualifications for Consultancy Services Secretary Job
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Director, Management Consultancy Services, Job Group ‘S’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Organization Design and Development, Education, Sociology, Anthropology, Government/Political Science, Public Administration or any other Social Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Planning, Human Resource Development, Economic, Statistics, Organization Design and Development, Education, from a university recognized in Kenya;
certificate in Management Consultancy Skills course from a recognized Institution;
attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized institution;
- been registered as a member of a relevant professional body with current membership; and
- demonstrated professional competence, managerial capability and a thorough understanding of the provisions of Management Consultancy Services policies and have the ability to relate them to the national development goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through one of the Commission’s websites here and here OR by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites. Please Note
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th May, 2016