Driver Jobs at The Public Service Commission
Salary Scale: Kshs.24, 662×1, 233-25,895 x1, 285- 27,180 x 1,340-8,520×1398- 29,918 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh.8,668p.m.
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 4,000 p.m.
Duties for the Driver Job
- driving the assigned vehicle;
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, tyre pressure and brake systems, etc;
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;
- maintenance of work ticket(s) for vehicle(s) assigned;
- ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle(s) in addition the officer maybe required to supervise and guide staff
- working under him or her in a small transport system.
Driver Job Requirements
- served in the grade of Chief Driver for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- passed Occupational Trade test I for Drivers;
- defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- a valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
- attended a first-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and,building technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.