Assistant Accountant Jobs at PSC
VACANCY NO. 5/2017
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT GENERAL, JOB GROUP ‘P’ – ONE HUNDRED AND THREE (103) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.77, 527 x 4,877- 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274-89,748 x 4,487- 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,946x 4,947 – 103,894 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 45,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 12,000 p.m
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities
- providing advisory services to the National County departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
- participating and advising in Tender Committees, National County Executive / Development Committees.
- interpreting and implementing financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls.
- maintaining appropriate and up to date accounting records;
- assisting in the administration of the Accounting Unit;
- providing advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Ministry;
- preparing management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- coordinating the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls
- setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- overseeing the processing of funding arrangements and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures; and
- authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
Requirements for the Assistant Accountant Job
- served for cumulative ten(10) years three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Chief Accountant ,Job Group ‘M’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance option) and Passed part II of the Certified Public Accountants( CPA II ) Examinations;
- passed CPA III of the Certified Public Accountants Examinations;
- registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- a certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence in the field of Accounting Services ; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- possession of relevant Masters Degree will be considered an added advantage