Assistant Director of Budget Job at PSC
VACANCY NO. 1/2017
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF BUDGET/SENIOR PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘P’ – TWENTY TWO (22) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.77, 527 x 3,877- 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274 – 89,748 x 4,487- 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947x 4,947 – 103,894 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 45,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 12,000 p.m
Assistant Director of Budget Job Responsibilities
- coordinating the preparation of Medium Term Budget Estimates in Ministries;
- preparing quarterly expenditure forecast;
- initiating proposals seeking funds for additional expenditures and reallocation of voted funds during the year;
- monitoring expenditure on projects and programme implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring that timely corrective measures are taken;
- coordinating activities and work of all officers handling donor financed projects, monitoring implementation of such projects and review of reimbursements; and,
- Coordinating the design and financial aspects for all new donor projects and agreements with donor agencies.
Requirements for the Assistant Director of Budget Job
- served for Ten (10) years cumulative service three(3) of which should have been at the grade of Senior Finance Officer/Senior Budget Officer Job group ‘M’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Finance option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or Finance;
- any other Bachelors degree plus Certified Public Accountant II (CPA II) qualification.
- masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, Commerce or in any other financial related fields from a University recognized in Kenya;
- demonstrated professional competence in the field of Financial Management; and
- shown merit and ability in related work performance and results;
- possession of a Strategic Leadership Course will be considered an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
P. O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.