Accountant Jobs at Public Service Commission
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT, JOB GROUP ‘M’ – THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHT (308) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.41, 590 x 2,070- 43,660 x 2,220 – 45,880 x 2,310 – 48,190 x 2400 – 50, 590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2,700- 55,840 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 28,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 8,000 p.m
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- coordinating and supervising operations in the area of deployment; preparing final accounts;
- ensuring safe custody of Government assets and records
- authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- ensuring timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports.
- providing guidance to officers to achieve the desired results.; and
- training and development of staff.
Requirements for the Accountant Job
- served in the grade of Senior Accountant, Job Group ‘L’ for a minimum
- period of three (3) years or a in a comparable and relevant position in the public service
- a bachelors degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- passed CPA III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examinations or an equivalent qualification from a
- recognized Institution; and
- a certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.