Finance Officer Jobs at PSC
VACANCY NO. 4/2017
FINANCE OFFICER I, JOB GROUP ‘L’ – TWENTY SEVEN (27) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.35, 910 x 1,800 – 37,710 x 1,890 – 39,600 x 1,990 – 41,590 x 2,070 – 43,660 x 2,220- 45,880 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 28,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 6,000 p.m
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- controlling of expenditure commitments in the Ministries/Departments;
- initial evaluation and scrutiny of expenditure proposals and compilation of information required in the budgetary processes;
- processing of Medium Term Expenditure Framework and revised estimates budget;
- budgeting of donor financed projects, reviewing of financial implementation of such projects, and monitoring commitments on expenditures;
- reviewing programme based budget performance indicators and subsector reports and facilitate finalization of the sub sector reports; and,
- coordinating the preparation of sector budget proposals for MDAs
Requirements for the Finance Officer Job
- served in the grade of Finance Officer II, Job Group ’K’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Finance option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or Finance
- any other bachelors degree plus Certified Public Accountant II (CPA II) qualification.
- demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.