SENIOR ASSISTANT GOVERNMENT PRINTER – TWO (2) POSTS – V/NO. 85/2017
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. (Job Group ‘Q’)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Government Printer, Job Group ‘P’ or in comparable and equivalent positions in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Technology in Printing, Philosophy in Printing, Printing Administration, Printing Technology, Engineering and Printing Technology, Print Media Management, Security Printing Technology or Publishing from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Technology in Printing, Philosophy in Printing, Printing Administration, Printing Technology, Engineering and Printing Technology, Print Media Management, Security Printing Technology or Publishing, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Operations Management, Project Management Public Policy or Information and Communication Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- implementing and reviewing printing strategies, policies and programmes;
- advising on matters relating to quality assurance standards, quality audit reports and budget control
- undertaking research on new printing technology;
- approving cost rates;
- undertaking monitoring and evaluation of printing operations; and
- overseeing machine equipment maintenance.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th July, 2017.