Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120,270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m. – Job Group ‘S’
Mechanical Chief Engineer Job Requirements
- served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Principal Superintending Engineer (Mechanical), , Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Current valid annual Practicing Licence from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke OR By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100 NAIROBI So as to reach the Commission on or before 15th June, 2017.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.