Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.109,089 – Ksh.144,928 (Job Group ‘R’)
Physical Planning Deputy Director Job Requirements
- served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Senior Assistant, Director, Physical Planning, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Town Planning, or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Town Planning, or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be a corporate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter);
- Be registered by the Physical Planners Registration Board attended a strategic leadership course from a recognized institution;
- Have proven administrative ability and professional competence necessary for the effective performance of work at this level.
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke OR By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100 NAIROBI So as to reach the Commission on or before 15th June, 2017.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.