VACANCY NO. 6/2017
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT, JOB GROUP ‘N’ – THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN (367) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.48, 190 x 2,400- 50,590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2,700-55,840×3, 000 – 58,840x 3,150- 61,990x 3,300- 65,290 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 35,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 8,000 p.m
Principal Accountant Job Responsibilities
- providing advisory services to National Sub County Departmental heads and other stake holders on all financial matters;
- participating and providing advice to the relevant committee;
- interpreting and implementing financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- ensuring expenditures are within the voted allocations;
- developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls;
- preparing management financial reports which include monthly expenditure, returns, monthly bank
- reconciliation statements, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits and maintenance of up to date and accurate books of accounts;
- safeguarding Government assets and records in the Sub County Treasury; and
- supervising, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the Sub County Treasury. Accounting Unit in a Ministry/State Department In an Accounting Unit, duties and responsibilities include:
- planning directing, coordinating, supervising operations in the area of deployment;
- preparing final accounts;
- ensuring safe custody of government assets and records
- authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to limit set; and
- ensuring timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports.
Requirements for the Principal Accountant Job
- served for nine (9) years cumulative service, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Senior Accountant, Job Group ‘L’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance option), and Passed part II of the Certified Public Accountants( CPA II ) Examinations;
- passed CPA III of the Certified Public Accountants Examinations
- registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- a certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.