Principal Finance Officer Jobs at PSC
VACANCY NO. 2/2017
PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER / PRINCIPAL BUDGET OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘N’ – THIRTY ONE (31) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.48, 190 x 2,400- 50,590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2,700 – 55,840×3, 000 – 58,840x 3,150 – 61,990x 3,300 – 65,290 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 35,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 8,000 p.m
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- coordinating and analyzing Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) Budget;
- assisting the Ministerial Departments in costing of Programmes;
- preparing programme based budgets;
- determining performance indicators for programmes; and
- preparing responses to all budgetary matters including all issues raised by Parliamentary Oversight Committees.
- coordinating prioritization of activities, projects and programmes within sector/schedule Ministries for the
- purpose of resource allocation in the budget;
- coordinating preparation of sector budget proposals for a number of Ministries;
- coordinating Sector Working Groups to discuss Budget submissions;
- coordinating the preparation of the MDAs program based budgets, projects budget and itemized budgets;
- analyzing project proposal, budget estimates and fiscal returns;
- preparing fiscal reports and technical briefs on financial management;
- coordinating reviews on programme based budgets performance and implementation.
Requirements for the Finance Officer Job
- served for nine (9) years cumulative service, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Finance /Budget Officer I, Job group ‘L’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service.
- bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Finance option), Economics, Business
- Administration, Business Management or Finance
- any other bachelors degree plus Certified Public Accountant II (CPA II) qualification.
- demonstrated professional competence in the field of Financial Management; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- possession of a Senior Management Course and Public Finance Management course will be considered an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.