Accounting Jobs at Public Service Commission
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, JOB GROUP ‘L’ – SEVENTY FOUR (74)
Salary Scale: Kshs. 35, 910 x 1,800 – 37,710 x 1,890 – 39,600 x 1,990 – 41,590 x 2,070 – 43,660 x 2,220- 45,880 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 28,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 6,000 p.m
Accounting Job Responsibilities
- preparing timely and accurate management reports;
- authorizing payments and signing cheques subject to limit set;
- certifying and verifying returns, documents and vouchers;
- monitoring the collection of revenue including inspection;
- balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- processing payments , reimbursements and disbursements; and
- keeping safe custody of accountable documents, government assets and records.
Requirements for the Accounting Job
- Served in the grade of Accountant I, Job Group ‘K’ for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- a bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA)examination or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution OR passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- certificate in Computer Applications; and,
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
- O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.