Public Communications Assistant III (Media Buyer/Monitor) Job at Public Service Commission, Kenya
Twelve (12) Posts – V/NO. 39/2016
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.19,323 p.m. – Ksh.24,662 p.m. (Job Group ‘H’)
Public Communication Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for Public Communications Assistants. Duties and responsibilities include:
- assisting in building corporate relations;
- sourcing, collating and developing content on topical issues for internal and external publics;
- undertaking media monitoring;
- assisting in media reviews, briefs, press releases/statements and supplements;
- maintaining public relations records and documents; and
- participating in event management.
Qualification for Public Communication Assistant Job
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Diploma in any of the following fields: Photojournalism, Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Media Studies, Science, Business Studies and Marketing from a recognized institution;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through one of the Commission’s websites here and here OR by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites. Please Note
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th May, 2016