Director, Public Communications Job at the Public Service Commission, Kenya
(1) Post – V/NO. 35/2016
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120,270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m. 2016, (Job Group ‘S’)
Public Communication Director Job Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Information Secretary for effective and efficient management of the Information Services Department. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- formulating, interpreting and implementing Government Public Communication Media Legal framework, policies, strategies and programmes;
- ensuring projection of a positive image of the Government;
- undertaking Communications development projects in line with the Constitution and Kenya Vision 2030;
- managing Public Communications services that enhance security, peace and national cohesion and ensuring professional ethics and standards in the delivery of Public Communications services;
- coordinating Government Publicity Plan and media monitoring and research.
- developing strategies for implementing Public Communications research; and
- management of Government public Ccommunications services locally and internationally.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
Qualification for Public Communication Director Job
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years at the grade of Deputy Director of Public Communications, Job group ‘R’ or in a equivalent and comparable position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Media Studies/Science, Photojournalism from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences with a Postgraduate Diploma in Photojournalism, Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Media Studies from a recognized institution;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communications, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Media Studies/Science, Corporate Communications, Photojournalism, International Relations from a university recognized in Kenya;
- attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized institution;
- excellent oral and written communications skills; and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through one of the Commission’s websites here and here OR by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites. Please Note
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th May, 2016