Deputy Director, Management Consultancy Services (Research & Innovations) Job at the Public Service Commission, Kenya
(1) POST – V/NO. 26/2016
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.109,089 p.m.- Ksh.144,928 p.m. – (Job Group ‘R’)
Research & Innovations Director Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Director, Management Consultancy Services (Research and Innovations) will report to the Director, Management Consultancy Services (Research and Innovations). Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- initiating and coordinating innovations programmes;
- identifying feasible innovations for replication from continental and global champions and recommending action;
- developing modalities for translating research findings and recommendations into solutions that promote policy formulation;
- disseminating research findings to Public Service organizations for knowledge sharing;
- undertaking strategy development to align with Vision 2030 goals and relevant provisions of the Constitution liaising with other stakeholders on matters of innovations;
- designing and implementing a recognition and awards scheme for innovators;
- facilitating protection of innovators intellectual/property rights; and
- identifying innovation trends on the continent and the globe that are relevant to the public service.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
Qualification for Research & Innovations Director Job
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Assistant Director, Management Consultancy Services, Job Group ‘Q’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Education, Economics/Statistics, Human Resource Management/Development/Planning, Business Administration, Information Science, Sociology, Political Science/Government, Anthropology or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Education, Economics/Statistics, Human Resource Management/Development/Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Applied Research, Information Science any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- attended a Strategic Leadership Development course from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial leadership capability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through one of the Commission’s websites here and here OR by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites. Please Note
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th May, 2016