The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank commonly known as the PTA Bank, is the financial arm of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). The Bank’s objective is to provide short, medium and long term financing to viable projects and trade finance activities in member states.
The Bank is looking for self-motivated and results oriented individuals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution. The Bank offers competitive tax free salaries and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects. Interested and qualified candidates are therefore invited from nationals of member states to apply for the following position.
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for development and implementation of human resources policies in the areas of talent management. These will include training and development, performance management, human resources analytics and other related human resources initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field with a minimum of 5 – 8 years of post-qualification experience and/or a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field with 3 – 5 years of post-qualification experience in a Financial or regional / international environment;
- A strong human resources management track record with demonstrable experience, particularly in the areas of training and development, performance management, balanced scorecard or similar methodology, reward and compensation, strategic recruitment, young professionals program and other human resources programs;
- Ability to prepare, maintain and enhance human resources analytics on HR portal;
- Ability to prepare and maintain job specifications and demonstrable experience in developing and delivering induction programs;
- Knowledge of a computerized HR system (preferably SAP);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and control staff in a demanding environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proficiency in English language. Knowledge of French will have added advantage.
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photo, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications to [email protected] by 29th April 2016.