Public Finance Statistics Assistant Manager Job at Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
KNBS: Level 4
No. of Posts: 1
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positions:-
Reporting to the Manager, Public Finance Statistics, the job holder will be responsible for compilation of Public Finance Statistics.
Public Finance Statistics Assistant Manager Job Responsibilities
- Preparing concept papers and proposals on public finance statistics;
- Designing, developing and reviewing data collection instruments;
- Designing, developing and implementing statistical survey programmes in Public Finance Statistics;
- Preparing tabulation and analysis plans;
- Editing, validating, compiling and analysing data;
- Providing inputs into Monthly Leading Economic Indicators, Statistical Abstract and Economic Survey reports;
- Monitoring statistical trends and dynamics;
- Monitoring statistics produced by stakeholders on Public Finance;
- Developing and reviewing data quality assessment frameworks;
- Participating in the training of stakeholders on production of Public Finance statistics;
- Designing, developing, updating and maintaining statistics databases;
- Preparing reports on Public Finance statistics.
Requirements for the Public Finance Statistics Assistant Manager Job
- A Bachelor Degree in Statistics Mathematics, Economics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution
- At least three (3) years progressive track record in statistical work as a Senior Officer (KNBS level 6) or its equivalent in a public or key private sector institution;
- Skills in statistical data analysis using the various statistical soft wares;
- Experience in planning, coordination and supervision of statistical activities and programmes undertaken within a Research or Statistical Institution;
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Knowledge in field operations;
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit a copy of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102
Applications must be received not later than 4th July, 2017 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, THE MARGINALISED AND MINORITY GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.