Public Relations & Communications Internship at Cytonn Investments, Kenya
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in Brand Department.
PR & Communication Internship Responsibilities
The position will afford the individual a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and a clear path to a fulfilling career Public Relations and Communications.
Duties, Responsibilities and Areas of Learning
- Draft basic public relations materials including press releases, media alerts, fact sheets or other press kit materials as directed,
- Support the delivery of the wide range of communication work including corporate and internal communications, PR, media and stakeholder communications,
- Liaise with external suppliers and obtain quotes for specific pieces of work,
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives,
- Create, deliver, edit and optimize PR materials such as press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals,
- Keep up to date on PR & communication global trends
Qualifications for PR & Communication Internship
- An undergraduate with a minimum qualification of a B+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE),
- A graduate level student with a minimum of Second Class Upper Bachelor’sDegree from a reputable University
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to write article and express ideas in written form,
- Strong public speaking skills,
- Detail-oriented and highly organized,
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties with minimum supervision
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges,
- Excellent proof reading skills,
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV and a daytime contact on or beforeAugust22nd2016 Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted