Public Relations Officer Job at Kisumu County
Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:-
Public Relations Officer– JG ‘K’
Public Relations Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and address solutions to issues raised by the general public, directed against the department, including but not limited to customer dissatisfaction in service delivery, integrity issues, and infringement of existing legal and constitutional infrastructure or projects in the process of implementation.
- Undertake documentation and take photographs of all the departmental works under implementation and provide timely briefs to the Chief Officer.
- Have initiative and excellent inter-personal skills to handle all complaints from various
public groups and give relevant feedback to the relevant unit/section
- Coordinate all public relations activities, including publishing brochures, handbooks, flyers, CDs and all promotional and awareness materials and documents,
- Portray a positive public image of the department
- Initiate and coordinate the development of a website in liaison with the ICT department
- Coordinate outreach and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs in partnership with stakeholders in the roads and infrastructure departments
- Prepare press-releases, respond to media stories and ensure effective proactive media reporting
Competencies for Public Relations Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations/Media Communication
- Must have served as a Public Relations/Communications Officer or in an equivalent position in either the public or private sector for at least three (3) years
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative and a high degree of professional competence
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
The candidate should apply attaching the photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and Testimonials
- Clearance Certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority
- (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- A letter from the area chief.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All Applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 5th August, 2016 at 4.00 pm. The Secretary Public Service Board P.O.Box 7792-40100, Kisumu