Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120, 270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m.
Job Group ‘S’
Qualifications for the Engineer Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Principal Superintending Engineer (Agriculture), Job Group ‘R’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or a relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
Attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated a high degree of administrative, professional and technical competence and possess leadership qualities and initiative in matters of Agricultural Engineering; and
- A thorough understanding of national goals, policies, programmes and the ability to relate them to the Agricultural Engineering function.
Engineer Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing agricultural engineering policies, strategies, guidelines and programmes;
- Interpretation and application of the agricultural act and other related statutes;
- Providing guidance on all matters related to land resource management and agro-processing;
- Facilitating and promoting research and technology transfer in agricultural mechanization and agro-processing; and
- Mobilising resources for implementation of agricultural engineering programmes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i)Online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
(ii)By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
(i)Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
(ii)Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
(iii)Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv)The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
(v)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
(vi)Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd March, 2017.