Public Service Commission Jobs Deputy Chief Economist Ministry of Devolution and Planning
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three of which should have been in the grade of Senior Economist/Statistician I, Job Group ‘N’ and above;
- A Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in Economics or Statistics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; attended a Strategic Leadership Course in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence, ability and integrity as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Managerial experience necessary for the effective management of staff.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Economist Job
- An officer at this level will assist the Chief Economist/Deputy Director of Statistics in the day-to-day administration of the Planning division or the Central Bureau of Statistics or a Central Planning and Project monitoring Division in a Ministry.
- General direction of the economic planning function and production of statistical data at national level;
- Preparation of National Development plans, strategies, policies and programmes;
- Monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes;
- Collation and presentation of statistical data in the form of survey reports and bulletins in Ministries; and
- Directing, controlling and coordinating the various planning or statistical activities of professional and supporting staff within the Planning Departments.