Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.31,020 – Ksh.41,590 p.m.
Job Group ‘K’
Qualifications for the Lecturer Job
- A Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Bio-Systems Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Structures and Process Engineering, Farm Power and Machinery), Farm Management, Food Science and Technology (Dairy Science and Technology, Agro Processing), Agricultural Economics (Agribusiness, Agricultural Marketing); Agricultural Extension and Education, Horticulture (Floriculture, Hydroponics); Dry-land Agriculture, Home Economics (Home Science, Home Management), or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
Lecturer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, lecturing and demonstrating in the area of specialization;
- Setting and marking continuous assessment tests and examinations;
- Supervising demonstrations and practical exercises in areas of specialization;
- Supervising trainees on attachment and internship programmes;
- Compiling trainees performance records in areas of specialization;
- Conducting extra-curricular activities; and
- Guiding and counseling trainees.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i)Online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
(ii)By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
(i)Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
(ii)Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
(iii)Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv)The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
(v)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
(vi)Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd March, 2017.