Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.152,060 – Ksh.302,980 p.m.
Job Group ‘T’
Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Director of Agriculture, Job Group ‘S’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture/agricultural economics or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the vision of the agricultural sector and cultivate working relationships and sustainable development with stakeholders; and
- Demonstrated knowledge in global, regional and emerging policy issues in agriculture, trade and industry.
Secretary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation, reviews and implementation of Agricultural Policies and programmes;
Developing linkages within the agricultural sector and related activities;
Identify impediments and constraints to the implementation of policies and programmes; and
Securing and managing financial support for agricultural development plans;
Designing and implementing prioritized and competitive agricultural programmes and projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i)Online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
(ii)By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
(i)Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
(ii)Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
(iii)Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv)The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
(v)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
(vi)Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd March, 2017.