Senior Assistant Director,immigration Services Job at the Public Service Commission (8 Posts)
Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. – (Job Group ‘Q’)
Qualifications for the Immigration Assistant Director Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director ofImmigration, Job Group ‘P’;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Sociology, Information Technology, Economics, Business Administration, Anthropology, Public Policy and Administration, International Relations, Government/Political Science, Criminology, History, Education, Linguistics, Communication Studies, Human Resource Management, Governance and Ethics or Psychology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Information Technology, Economics, Business Administration, Anthropology, Public Policy and Administration, International Relations, Government/Political Science, Criminology, History, Education, Linguistics, Communication Studies, Human Resource Management, or Psychology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized institution; and shown administrative ability and merit as reflected in work performance results.
Responsibilities for the Immigration Assistant Director Job
- Initiating development and review of immigration policies and strategies
- Coordinating the implementation of policies relating to immigration documents, border management, law enforcement or citizenship;
- Collaborating with security agencies and other stakeholders in immigration policy implementation;
- Developing guidelines for delivery of immigration Services;
- Undertaking consular duties and functions such as processing passports, visa and
- Facilitating issuance of certificate of good conduct, birth certificates and other documents;
- Recommending, granting and revocation of Kenyan Citizen to the Citizen Advisory Committee;
- Analyzing information related to declaration and removal of prohibited immigrants to the Prohibited
- Immigrants Committee; and ensuring safe custody of immigration records.
How To Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 15th June, 2017.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current
substantive post during the interview.