Purchasing Manager Job At Fairmont Hotel, Kenya
With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort’s 120 luxuriously appointed hotel rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Originally the retreat of movie star and Club founder, William Holden, the Club’s illustrious former members have included Winston Churchill and Bing Crosby
Purchasing Manager Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:-
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Management of the hotel’s purchasing and stores department.
- Administer the hotel’s purchasing system by assisting departments in processing electronic purchase requisitions on a daily basis.
- Ensure the integrity of the purchasing system is maintained and up to date, including maintenance of departmental check book system.
- Oversee the management of the hotel’s inventory storerooms, ensuring corporate policy and procedures is maintained and followed.
- Oversee the receiving process of goods entering the hotel, ensuring corporate policy and procedures is maintained and followed.
- Maintain positive relations with key suppliers and vendors, including regular reviews of our vendor compliance.
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety
- Liaise with Accounts Payable section to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Assist departments in sourcing new vendors and suppliers in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Manage the addition of new suppliers to the purchasing system, ensuring all required documentation is provided.
- Negotiate prices, delivery schedules and freight terms as well as contracts with vendors.
- Review inventory levels as required to determine stock on hand is adequate and determine inventory level adjustments as needed.
Qualifications For Purchasing Manager Job
- Minimum of 5 years hotel purchasing management experience required.
- University degree in relavent field preferred.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills.
- Familiarity with hotel operating systems and software, including Opera and Micros systems, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply