Our client Krones LCS Center East Africa Ltd is an international firm that deals in planning, developing and manufacturing machines and complete lines for the fields of process, filling and packaging technology.
They are searching for highly motivated and self-driven candidates to fill in the following position:
Purchasing Officer / Buyer
The Purchasing Officer will report to Head of Material Management and will be responsible for handling contract and tender process, financial costing and budgeting, external purchasing orders and optimizing inventory level of stores.
- Maintain supplier contract management, local service level agreements, global agreements and tender handling obligations
- Implement controls and overall responsibility of transparent and fair tender awarding
- Place purchase orders with allocated suppliers (local and international) for both stocked items and ad-hoc purchases as required
- Solicit competitive offers through requests for proposals, requests for quotations and requests for information in adherence with company policy and processes.
- Facilitate stock take and ensure that stock take is timely and accurately done
- Create reports for KPI’s, analyse the KPI’s and take an appropriate action
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering course
- 3 – 5 years’ of experience in purchasing and contracts mainly in technical, electrical or mechanical engineering fields
- Registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body is added advantage
- Proven experience in the beverage industry is added advantage
- Very good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, highly pressurized and intense working environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by 27th August, 2015 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.