Pwani Feeds Limited
Position: Assistant Accounts Receivable Accountant
The main role of accounts receivable assistant is to ensure that the company or organization receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions.
The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
Candidates with a background in accounting or those who have taken relevant college-level courses are highly favored.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare bills and invoices for sales or services rendered. These payment requests list information such as a description of the product or service, the date of the transaction, the price, fees or shipping charges, and discounts applied.
- Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax or mail and prepare the daily Cash Report for management.
- Record payments by entering them into the accounting software. In general, you must include the date paid, amount, method of payment and any balance due.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit. This usually requires totaling and recording the deposit amounts, filling out deposit slips, and bundling the funds and slips. You may also be responsible for making deposits at the bank.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Research any discrepancies by checking bills, invoices, sales receipts and bank deposit records. You may perform this duty daily, weekly or monthly.
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity. Reports typically list active accounts, the status of the accounts and collection costs.
- Accounts Receivable Assistant will be responsible for the timely recording of cash receipts into the firm’s accounting system. This involves working with others in determining the proper allocation and handling of payments and adjustments.
- Research prior payments, allocations, and/or other queries as requested by directors, their assistants, collections department staff and A/R Officer.
- Balance the accounts receivable manual log to the general ledger to assure all activities have been properly recorded and make all necessary adjustments, corrections and write-offs as instructed.
- Provide analysis of client accounts as requested by management and work on regular research of unapplied and unidentified payments and follow up with directors’ and update the Unallocated Log comments weekly and keep the accounts receivable filing and work area organized and binders labeled.
- Photocopying, typing memos, filing, sending emails, and getting supplies for the department as required.
- In-depth understanding of GRNs and SRNs and how to go about them
- Confirming to the bank cheque clearing and circulation of monthly debtors’ statements for the approved debtors with credit limit and following the payment
- Following up cases of bounced cheques to ensure replacement and advising salesmen the need of cash sales to the particular customers
- In addition, any other duties as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Officer
- CPA-K, a bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
- At least 3 years hand-on experience as a receivables accountant preferably in manufacturing company
- A member of ICPAK
Gross Salary: Ksh. 25,000
Starting date 1st July 2016.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should forward their applications to [email protected] on or before 28th June 2016