Machine Mechanical Operator / Engineer
Reporting to the maintenance manager the job holder will be accountable of the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hand on experience on machine repairs and operation
- Experience in welding and brazing – gas welding,
- Ensuring the machines are in good working order and condition.
- Introduce and maintain a maintenance register
- Supervising mechanical technicians under you.
- Planning ahead for machine service by ensuring spares needed during maintenance day are available way before the due date
- Reporting mechanical problems and planning on how to go about them.
- Ensuring the right sieves are fitted for the right products
- Ensuring that the machines are being utilized to full capacity in order to achieve production targets.
- Ensuring there are no debris/material left on the production floor after maintenance
- Have a register of all tools in your department
- Record all breakdowns as they happen in maintenance register book
- Testing machines and trouble shooting
- Recording the performance of each machine with regard to intake and output and presenting it to management.
- Suggest ways to improve the performance of the machines
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by your superiors
- Diploma in mechanical / production / Plant engineering.
- A Degree will be added advantage
- At least 2 year practical experience in a relevant field ( mechanics)
- Precise and rigorous;
- High sense of confidentiality;
- Able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Independence and initiative;
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please send your CV to [email protected] including your current pay.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.