Job Advert: Sales Representative
Reporting to the Sales Manager the Sales Representative role is to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products and related services.
Personally contacts and secures new customers.Core Functions:
Promotes and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
Demonstrates products and services to existing and potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
Details of Function:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organization’s Products
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
Skills and Specifications
- Pleasant and exceeding personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to meet fixed deadlines and manage under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive individual and a hard worker.
- Able to build and deliver presentations.
- Handsome knowledge of sales promotion and advertising techniques.
- Able to create, write and edit composed manuals.
- Good computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to persuade and convince others.
- Willingness to travel most of the times.
Education and Qualifications
- Related sales experience
- Degree in sales and marketing related fields is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including your current pay.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.