Pwani University a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer.
The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards, encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research and to providing quality services to our customers.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of
Assistant Laboratory Technician (Animal Health)
Requirements: This is an entry position in technical services in the University, and appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a two (2) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
Applicants Must have a Diploma in Animal Health and Management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy Veterinary Laboratory or Research Institution with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
In addition, applicants:
- Must be registered with the Kenya Veterinary Board and be a members of the relevant professional body.
- Should show Active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities.
Applicants should posses the following skills
- Strong technical ability in the field
- Data and procedure analysis
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical communication skills
- Teamwork skills
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, conducting and supervising practical classes within Animal Science Department in the Animal Health Programme.
- Sourcing for practical and research Materials.
- Participate in research projects.
- Servicing and maintaining lab equipment
- Preparing and maintaining lab records and files to ensure good track on practical manuals.
- Updating practical manuals and availing them when needed
- Attending to Clinical Cases
- Carrying out sample collection, processing and analysis
- Performing any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Terms of Service: Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies) of their application for the position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108,
P. O Box 195-80108,
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 21st October 2016.
Applications received later than this date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.