Creating value for your skills
Advisory County Consulting – Manager Finance & Accounting
PwC helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 195,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in Kenya and the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
In Advisory, we help organisations to work smarter and grow faster. We consult with our clients to build effective organisations, innovate, grow, reduce costs, manage risk and regulation and leverage talent.
About the job: The job will involve consulting in the Public Sector and specifically in Counties focusing on financial management, county budgeting, strategy formulation and supply chain management.
Overall purpose of the role: The job holder will play a critical role in Business Development, Financial Management, County Revenue and Budget Management among other consulting assignments in the counties.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- To participate in county government business development through active identification of leads, conversion of leads to expressions of interests, proposals and engagements in various counties.
- To monitor assignment economics bearing in mind all required resources for effective and efficient delivery of client assignments.
- To be responsible for delivery of client work, participate in developing client deliverables such as assignment reports and presentations.
- To provide formal training and information sessions with regard to county revenue management, budget management, expenditure management, supply chain / procurement management and medium term expenditure and revenue framework management.
- To render support and advisory services to county government clients.
- To ensure effective communication with county clients so as to ensure excellent customer service delivery that exceeds expectations.
- To participate in the various firm’s activities.
- To participate in building team synergies and coach junior consultants on various best practices, methods and processes while carrying out client assignments.
Required Skills & Competencies
- The candidate must have managed and supervised finance and accounting operations in a Kenyan county;
- Excellent knowledge of Kenyan national and county government legislation including the Constitution of Kenya, County Government Acts, Public Finance and Management Act, Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other relevant legislation;
- Hands on experience in county governments budget preparation and implementation;
- Hands on experience in county revenue management systems;
- Hands on experience in county expenditure management;
- Hands on experience in supply chain management / procurement in the county;
- Knowledge and application of the Medium Term Expenditure and revenue framework
- Mentoring and Supervisory Skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office Suite especially spreadsheets, data base management and word processing, presentations and reporting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience of working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain good client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or any other related field is a must have.
- Should be a member of ICPAK or any other recognized accounting professional body
- At least Five (5) Years’ working experience, Three (3) in management position, Two (2) of which must have been earned in counties.
- This role will give you many opportunities for growth and provide you with extra ordinary experiences.
How to Apply
If you are keen on growing your career, please visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/careers and apply online.
Application Deadline: 31 August2015.