Job type: Permanent
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
In Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent.
In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania work to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
PwC is the leading provider of tax services worldwide. We understand your business and economic environment and we combine this with specialist tax knowledge. We can help you navigate complexity to:
• Achieve business objectives by reducing tax risks and meeting your compliance obligations and
• Improve business and operating efficiency through tax efficiency and understand and manage the total tax contribution your business makes to governments.
About the Job
We are seeking to strengthen our reward practice, a subset of the People & Organisation business unit in Tax line of service, which delivers the following services:
• HR Analytics & Benchmarking (Employee Engagement Surveys, Staff Remuneration Surveys, Executive & Non-Executive Remuneration Surveys);
• HR Policy reviews;
• HR Due Diligence and HR Audits;
• Reward Strategy & Policy design, Pay structuring & design;
• Employee Share Ownership Plans design;
• Short Term & Long Term Incentive design; and
• Reward Training, Reward Communication.
Roles & Responsibilities
The person will be required to:
• Understand clients’ business and related reward issues and provide workable creative recommendations from gained HR knowledge and experience;
• Collect, analyse and prepare reports on time and within firms’ quality standards Research and keep abreast of reward matters in the local and international market;
• Build and maintain relationship with clients to the level of being their trusted advisor;
• Be keen to work as part of a team servicing our existing clients and help win and develop new ones;
• Participate in facilitating reward training; and
• Comply with internal/external PwC risk management requirements and ensure that all client engagements are performed in accordance with PwC risk and quality protocols.
Skills and Competencies
We are looking for a highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Associate. This role requires you to have specialised expertise in reward and remuneration and a good understanding of job evaluation and grading.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and numerate with a good level of computer literacy, a keen eye for detail, ability to work under pressure, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), intensely client focused, ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels and an effective team player who works with minimal supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Post graduate (Higher) Diploma in Human Resources Management
• At least 3 years’ experience in human resource management
• Proficiency in use of MS Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This role will give you many opportunities for growth and provide you with extra ordinary experiences. If you are keen on growing your career, please visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/careers and apply online.