Airport Services Duty Officer Job At Qatar Airways, Kenya
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high. From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
Airport Services Duty Officer Job Purpose
- As the Airport Services Duty Officer, you will be responsible for supervising and controlling flight-handling activities such as Flight editing, Check-in, Transfer and Boarding in order to ensure a high service standard is maintained. You will achieve optimum customer satisfaction and on-time departure of flights and control the shift as a direct representative of the Airport Services Manager. You will also monitor the activities of all sections at the airport coordinating with various sections as required. You will ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
Airport Services Duty Officer Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day operations and acting as a liaison between airport services providers and users
- Providing input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations
- Ensuring passengers and aircraft handling confirm to safety and security requirements
- Managing and controlling manpower on the shift to optimise utilisation and maintain staff morale and discipline
- Conducting spot-checks on operations and staff to ensure adequate standards are maintained
- Resolving customer problems and complaints effectively and liaising promptly with all departments including customer relations to provide solutions for complaint handling
- Conducting briefing sessions for QR and GHA staff and supervisors on every shift
Qualifications For Airport Services Duty Officer Job
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) combined with at least four years of job-related experience with a minimum of three years in an airline or reputed GHA at the supervisory level.
- You will need a good understanding of Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities.
- You will also need a good understanding of weight and balance, Ramp Handling, Dangerous Good Regulations.
- You will need to be an experience leader with competency in coaching and mentoring staff.
How to Apply