Terms: Contract for 3 months
Location: Nakuru County
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and perform all daily, weekly and monthly microbial tests necessary for evaluation and release of products. (Some of these tasks may be done by others. Your role is to ensure they are performed timely and correctly).
- Analyze and make technical recommendations based on microbial test results.
- Manage and perform all daily, weekly and monthly chemical tests and adjustments necessary for evaluation and release of products. (Many of these tasks may be done by others. Your role is to ensure they are performed timely and correctly).
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Monitor and analyse CIP and sanitation procedures, including titrations and colorimetric analysis.
- Properly maintain lab equipment, including calibrating, cleaning, sanitizing and repair when necessary. Work with vendors to maintain and repair laboratory equipment.
- Upkeep and stock laboratory so that it is fully functional at all times.
- Perform QA audit on yeast propagation, reclaim, and pitching processes.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Maintain working knowledge of entire brewery processes and procedures so that quality issues can be effectively monitored and resolved.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Provide scientific information and act as technical resource for rest of brewery staff on issues concerning quality, process control, and science-based problems.
- Assist Head Brewer and Plant Manager with the development of quality assurance processes, procedures, reports and forms.
- Degree / Diploma in food science / chemistry / agriculture
- Experience in laboratory work
- Trust / integrity / hardworking
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 10th September 2015 to the
Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted