Our client, a market leader in the animal processing industry across Africa is seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager to be based in Thika. The successful candidate must be a holder of a Degree in Food Science and have formal training in Food Quality Control. In addition, he/she MUST maintain high levels of food safety compliance in order to ensure the company’s continued excellence in quality.
- Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded in terms of quality assurance.
• Ensure complete compliance in accordance with food safety processes.
• Setting the quality standards.
• Maintenance of international hygiene standards affecting all aspects of operation.
• Identify, develop and implement Microbiological process controls and monitoring programs.
• Develop and continuously assesses supplier performance through Supplier Management Quality Program.
• Responsible for ensuring all regulatory issues are adhered to.
• Training of personnel and ensuring quality products according to company and customer specifications.
• Responsible for taking corrective actions in timely manner to mitigate potential food safety hazards.
• Handling food safety related customer complaints and resolution.
- Must have a Degree in Food Science.
• Must have above 5 years’ experience in the food manufacturing industry.
• Must have formal training in Food Quality Control.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and results oriented.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Must have a strong personality, exude confidence, authority and focused.
• Must be knowledgeable in ISO 22000 & HACCP Certification awareness
• Must be willing to work in Thika.