Exciting Quality Assurance Openings in the FMCG Sector
Our Client is a leading integrated manufacturing and FMCG company with products covering a wide spectrum of domestic use and with operations across the East, Central and Southern Africa region.
Due to market growth and desire to increase and support its brand presence; the company is seeking for qualified, self-driven, innovative, and energetic professionals to be part of its Quality Control team.
The open positions are;
Quality Assurance Officers – Detergent Plant
Role Overview: The job holder will be responsible for determining and establishing procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed quality targets and standards.
- Enforcing Standard specifications of all products as per customer and market requirements
- Receiving the status of the products on the machine list and all pending quality problems and resolve quality challenges and do follow up with the other factory staff;
- Ensuring that all the necessary documents for quality checks are placed and maintained on the machine and QC personnel are following the procedure as per the system;
- Carrying out sampling for the finished products (night/day) shift and make a report of the same;
- Responsible for follow up, closing and keeping records of isolation cards, leakage test, and mold change approval etc;
- Making of traceability reports in case of defective products returns to the factory;
- Responsible for the preparation of the periodic mold status review (condition of the mold);
- Responsible for record keeping and proper filling of all quality related documents in the factory office;
- Ensuring adherence to specification and quality procedures at stages are followed in the production process;
- Conduct internal training, sensitization and evaluation on effectiveness of training on all the packers on quality and safety related issues;
- Participate actively in any technical committees & meetings relating to factory operations;
- Control all soap safety hazards in the work areas as per the set factory safety systems;
- Maintaining system and process checks for all raw materials, intermediate products, processing chemicals and packaging materials;
- Maintaining 5S and supervising the general cleanliness of all areas within the factory;
- Ensure an effective calibration system is implemented in all areas within the factory;
- Ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements within the factory;
- Carrying out other duties as required by management from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills & Experience:
- Degree / Diploma in analytical Chemistry /biochemistry/Food Science or similar academic qualifications with grounding in industrial processing;
- 2 years’ experience in any chemical/detergent/soap manufacturing industry;
- Demonstrated Leadership, Communication and Computer skills;
- Ability to make quick and accurate judgment when faced with multiple challenges;
- Good inductive and deductive thinking skills;
- A good team player with excellent leadership skills;
- Must have good business acumen and entrepreneurial abilities;
- Must have good reporting, communication, computer and problem solving skills;
How to Apply
If you believe you have the qualifications and experience to match the above role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees to: [email protected]
Receipt of applications closes on 24th February 2016.