Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
County Standards, Quality Assurance & Research Officer, Job Group ‘P’ (1 Post)
County Standard Quality Assurance and Research Officer will be answerable to the Head of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Administration. He/She will be responsible for implementation of policies and procedures for effective and efficient management of Standards, Quality Assurance and Research in the Department of Health Services.
Quality Assurance Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Conducting Health Researches in all areas;
- Monitoring Continuous Professional Development;
- Ensuring Health Standards are maintained;
- Ensuring Quality Assurance;
- Ensuring all Health Regulations are followed;
- Ensuring Standards Operating Procedures are adhered to;
- Ensuring use of Clinical guideline in Departments; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Quality Assurance Jobs in Kenya
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelors Degree from a recognized University in a health related field, either:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBchB); or
- BSc. (Health Systems Management; or
- BSc. (Clinical Medicine); or
- BSc. (Nursing); or
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health;
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Health Economics;
- Certificate in Health Systems Management;
- Have Senior Management Course;
- Proficiency in Data analysis using EPI Info, Statistical Package for Social Science will be an added advantage;
- Have at least six (6) years of working experience, out of which three (3) years should have been at a senior management level;
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s Mandate, Health policies, Vision, Mission, as well as Vision 2030;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the national values and principles of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010 Articles 10 and 232; and
- Have capacity to undertake multitasks within strict timelines.
If you had applied, please do not re-apply
Applicants For The Above Positions Are Required To Get Clearance From The Following To Meet Requirements Of Chapter 6 Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
- All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega county residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to: THE
- Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board P.O. Box 458-50100 Kakamega
- Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
- All applications should reach this office on or before 9th March, 2016 County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.