Job Title: Quality Controller
Organisation: True North Consult Limited (Dairy Processing Plant – UHT)
TrueNorth is a people management consultancy in Uganda that is run by qualified Human Resource Management Professionals and they would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Dairy Processing Plant – UHT.
Job Summary: The Quality Controller will be responsible for:
• Finding and removing faults at fixed stages of the production process
• Testing microbiological, chemical and physical samples
• Making sure labelling is accurate
• Checking that production methods meet relevant legislation.
• Dealing with customer feedback and complaints, and passing on issues to managers where necessary
• Assessing and rating suppliers
• Routinely reviewing and updating quality control policies
• Training and mentoring new staff
• Sending reports to management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Milk Reception:
• Routinely inspect, test, and sample incoming raw milk for defects and any deviations from specifications.
• Records and trend the results.
• Regularly informs production manager of any deviations
2. Silo Storage:
• Inspects and monitors quality of raw milk in the storage silos and informs production of which milk to start with and which to use to different products
• Ensures that silos have been cleaned adequately using the In-process monitoring
• Inspect, test, and sample materials or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
• Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process adjustments.
• Checks that correct pasteurization, sterilization temperatures are met
• Checks that product weights are within specification
• Ensure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards
3. Product storage, dispatch
• Ensures FIFO is maintained in the coldrooms
• Checks that vehicles are maintained clean and that correct loading temperatures are maintained.
4. Managing Audits:
• Works closely with external audit bodies and regulatory authorities in conducting external audits
• Conducts supplier audits in conjunction with Production Manager
• Carries out internal audits and reports on findings
• Investigates audit findings and close them.
5. Taking corrective action:
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
• Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
6. QMS Management:
• Devising and establishing a company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications;
• Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
• Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
• Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety;
• Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
• Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
• Responsible for monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
• Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
• Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
• Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a degree in a relevant field of study.
• At least three years of practical experience
• Broad knowledge and understanding of food safety, food laboratory practices, GMP, HACCP, PMO, Pest Control and basic Sanitation practices.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Technical knowledge in the food & beverage industry
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation and quality control standards
• Good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work
• Keen attention to detail is central to the job in order to detect defects that could be easily missed by the consumer but still present a safety risk, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when reporting issues and defects is necessary
• Possess the ability to prioritize workloads and meet project deadlines
• The ability to pay close attention to detail
• Good team working skills.
• Be able to adapt to changing priorities and conditions.
• Willingness to work flexible shift’s depending on project/production requirements.
• Ability to multi-task
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send updated CVs and application letters to: [email protected] and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject. The applications should not exceed 2MB. Only Shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Deadline: 27th August 2015