The Quantity Surveyor shall be responsible for all aspects of cost advice, planning and control including specifications control, cost computation, budgets & budget control, payment planning, payment process & control, budget forecasting & project cash projections and cost studies/surveys including cost comparatives, component/elemental cost analyses and real-time cost performance analyses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing general cost planning and control advice for decision making.
- Formulating and updating all necessary tools for data collection, process planning, monitoring and control, and analyses.
- Prescribing and constantly reviewing specifications, work methods, processes and procedures with a view towards maximizing cost efficiency.
- Carrying out cost computations, preparation of budget templates, budget reviews and updates.
- Formulating, reviewing, monitoring and updating payment processes, procedures, controls and tools in consultation with the Finance Department.
- Reviewing and approving payment documentation including site documents, relevant procurement and accounting documents
- Determination and forecasting of construction costs including adjustment policy, planning and implementation.
- Reviewing and advising on all contractual matters pre-and post-contract levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Economics / Quantity Surveying
- Registered with BORAQS
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement. SMM and CESMM
How to Apply
Please state your current and expected salary