Duma works is recruiting a Fit Out Quantity Surveyor for Haussmann Group.
Department/sector: Operations / Costing
Reporting to: Group CEO
The Company is a leading Commercial interior fit out company in Kenya mostly working for large international corporates.
As part of its ambitious goal to become the leading Commercial Design & Build Company in Africa by 2020, the Company is looking to hire a Fit Out Quantity Surveyor to oversee its Kenya / East African fit out operations.
Quantity Surveyor Job Description/Responsibilities
- As a Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to undertake the standard range of Quantity Surveying duties, but in particular, the work undertaken will be more focused on costing Bill of Quantities and cost controlling large interior fit out projects.
Requirements for the Quantity Surveyor Job
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- A strong International exposure is a MUST
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Fit-Out Quantity Surveying position in a reputable fit out contracting company
- Excellent knowledge of QSing processes
- Extensive experience in Office fit outs for large international corporates in a developing country
- Excellent cost controlling experience
- Strong QS-related software skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Rigorous & detailed oriented
- Process driven
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently with strong team player skills
- Strong planning skills
- Constant thrive for learning and improving
- Sound ability to prioritise, time-manage, and honour deadlines
How to Apply
A detailed CV and cover letter are to be sent to [email protected] marking the subject as “2632”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2632 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 27th January 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. The Duma Works team will be out on holiday leave until Jan. 3rd so please be patient when waiting to hear back with results on the initial test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.