Quantity Surveyor Jobs at Perion, Kenya
Department: Engineering Division
Reporting to: General Manager
Job location: Head Office, Nairobi
Budget Kshs 150,000 – 250,000/=
Our client is a sole distributor of global brands that deal with solar solutions, Air conditioner, lighting and security solutions in East Africa. They seek to hire a Quantity Surveyor with experience in the building and construction projects
Quantity Surveyor Job Duties & Responsibilities in Kenya
- Pricing / review and sign off on all bills of quantities / tenders submitted by engineering division
- Review and negotiation for all project contract terms for the engineering division. Ensure minimum target margin is achieved
- Attend and represent the company for all site meetings in conjunction with project engineer
- Be responsible for all official communication pertaining to the project from the company Engineering Division
- Maintain a project file where all official correspondences from the company pertaining to the project are maintained (from contract to project completion)
- Responsible for raising of variations for projects where they are rightfully due. These would include but not limited to: Change in scope, differences between work done and what is reflected in tender documents, Project delays, Delays in equipment supply, delays in project starting date, payment delays etc.
- Maintain excellent rapport with key individuals on site. Architect, QS, Clerk of Works, client, consultant etc.
- Ensure alongside project engineer that monthly valuation claims are submitted on time and approved for full value of works completed on site
- Handle all contractual disputes between the company and client for projects
- Follow up with QS, architect, consultant and main contractor to ensure payments are received on time
- Prompt payment receipt
- Successful variations raised
- Pricing and costing of bills of quantities. Crossing minimum target threshold
Requirements for Quantity Surveyor Jobs in Kenya
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey or related field
- At least 5years experience in Kenya
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Technically qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management.
- Able to Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Quantity Surveyor 150 – 250K Gross) to [email protected] before 31st March 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted