Quantity Surveyor Jobs at Cooperative Bank, Kenya
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and self-driven experienced professional who will be responsible for the construction costing and contracting for the Bank.
Quantity Surveyor Role in Kenya
As a Quantity Surveyor, the role holder will own the construction and costing process by preparing bills of quantities for the bank’s projects and advising cost estimates for the designed projects for the bank.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Make budgetary recommendations for construction, refurbishment or leasing of premises as well as develop cost estimates for upcoming bank projects
- Prepare contractual documents for the various projects as guided by The Architects and Quantity Surveyors Act (Chapter 525) to be signed by all the parties i.e. the bank, contractor etc.
- Prepare blank bills of quantities for tendering which will be given to the contractors for tenders and also review bills of quantities prepared by the consultants for projects which are being supervised by external consultants to ensure they are cost effective for the bank
- Prepare analysis of the tenders after opening of the tender documents i.e. for the projects which are handled in house where no external Quantity Surveyor is involved.
- Prepare valuations for in-house projects, evaluate and monitor payments to contractors at various stages of construction.
- Carry out financial appraisal of projects on regular basis to ensure they conform to the approved amounts which are within budget and process project payments for consultants and contractors
- Carry out site re-measurements to reconfirm the actual financial positions for a project on completion of the same.
- Develop annual and half yearly capital budgets in respect to construction projects
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes for Quantity Surveyor Kenyan Jobs
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:-
- A Degree in Building Economics
- At least 2 years experience in general property management.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations as stipulated in the Law.
- Good understanding of the contract & land law, and arbitration related to building construction.
- Good understanding of project analysis and viability
- Travelling to distant branches when required (Must have a valid driving licence)
- Potential extended working hours to ensure jobs get completed on schedule and to specification
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates to [email protected] by 28th September 2015 We are an equal opportunity employer. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please quote this reference on your application: QS/02/HRD/2015