Radio Announcer Presenter & Continuity Job at Royal Media Services
MUSYI FM is seeking to fill the position of a radio presenter. If you believe you have what it takes to fill the above position, take time and read through and apply.
Radio Presenter Job Key Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will among others be able to do the following;
- Research, plan and develop on air content, ideas and concepts in line with the station strategy and values.
- On air presentation/continuity and acting on feedback from listeners.
- Write broadcasting reports and execute commercial logs
- Music research, identify and propose music that should be incorporated into the station sound.
- Carry out outside broadcasting/Road shows and attend functions on behalf of the station.
- Receiving briefs from clients/ marketers/ supervisor and executing accordingly.
- Scripting, recording, packaging and producing station features
- Creatively create and execute on air gaming elements
- Cross-promote the company’s online & traditional product lines
- Conceptualize and execute online campaigns for various projects
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly
- Advise supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
- Liaise with digital sales officers to create campaigns that can be commercialized
Qualifications for Radio Presenter Job
- Diploma in Mass Communication.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in the arts or mass communication training is an added advantage
- 3 years on- the- job experience.
- Fluent in spoken and written Kamba, English and Swahili with a rich voice with an ear for music.
- Able to work long hours/odd hours without supervision.
- Must be social media savvy, innovative and creative
- Must be well versed with music genres for the current generation
- A good comical story teller
- Demonstrate professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
- Understand Media Law and Ethics
How to Apply
- If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to [email protected] Quote the code HRD/MUSYI/7/2016 as the subject. Closing date will be Friday 22nd July, 2016. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.